Growing up one of my favorite memories is my dad cooking up Potato Pancakes on a weekend morning. You might say it was his specialty.
I, unfortunately, never got the opportunity to get his recipe or learn his secrets. I have to say though, I have come to make a pretty darn good potato pancake myself.
When I got my Wondermill in the mail, I was so excited to try it out to make some whole wheat flour. I decided to do my first batch with Hard Red Wheat Berries. It is hard to describe how good this fresh flour looks, and the color is fabulous!
So, I set off to the kitchen. Whipped up some potato pancakes for breakfast with my fresh wheat flour and, “Oh my!” Yes, they were that good.
Yes, I will share the recipe. Here you go!
- 1 Cup Shredded Potatoes
- ¼ Cup Egg Beaters
- ¼ tsp Ground Pepper
- ¼ tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- Dash of Tobasco Sauce
- ¾ Cup Fresh Milled Wheat Flour
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl
- *add more flour if needed (should just bind together)
- Place large spoonful into a frying pan over medium heat with a 1 TBSP Oil.
- Press flat with spatula
- Fry about 3-5 minutes each side until cooked through and crispy
- Serve Hot
I think that these are fabulous as is, but we always smothered them with sour cream as kids. For an extra kick, try adding a little Ranch Dressing mix to your sour cream!