We have been loving our new Wondermill grain mill and have been trying a bunch of healthy gluten free recipes as well as developing our own. The rice flour pancakes and the black bean brownies were a success, but the skillet rice flour peach cobbler I had planned for this post didn’t quite work out. We’ll keep on trying.
Luckily, I happened upon this amazing recipe for Lentil Flour Flatbread. I was looking for a healthy way to satisfy my carb craving, and this really did the trick! I double the recipe every time, so that’s the way I’ll write it up here.
We even decided to put together a baking mix, so we can quickly put it together on week nights. All you have to do is add water!
- 1⅓ cup freshly ground lentil flour
- 4 Tablespoons milled flax
- ½ teaspoon real salt
- 1¾ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Grind your lentil flour in your Wondermill.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or another mixing bowl combine the lentil flour, flax, and salt.
- Add the water slowly while mixing until you have a batter similar to the consistency of pancake batter.
- Mix batter for 2 minutes.
- Put a cast iron frying pan in the oven with butter. Allow it to melt and spread evenly over the pan.
- Carefully pour the batter into the warm frying pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.