First time using 100% UNSIFTED Freshly Milled Whole Wheat Flour, using our Wonder Mill….. and Whole Hard White Wheat Berries. The taste and beautiful texture is unlike ANY store bought OR homemade bread using all-purpose processed flour. Rich, soft, spongy and slightly sweet. It is incredible!
Raw dough before 1st rise:
VIDEO on how I made this bread, step by step can be watched HERE:
- 2½ cups warm water
- 2 tbs instant SAF yeast
- ½ - ¾ cup honey OR ⅓ cup homemade dark brown sugar (depending on how sweet you would like your bread)
- 7-8 cups freshly milled whole wheat flour from hard white wheat berries UNSIFTED (start with less and only add more if your dough is still too wet to handle by hand)
- ½ cup vital wheat gluten
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup dried milk powder
- 2 tbs softened butter
- ¾ cup instant potato flakes
- 2tbs white vinegar
- Add all ingredients into mixing bowl of your stand mixer, in order as given.
- Mix and knead for 10-12 minutes.
- Place into oiled bowl, cover with tea towel and allow 1st rise for 1-1/2 hours until doubled in size, and when you place 2 fingers into dough, the indent remain.
- Punch dough down.
- Divide into 2 loaves.
- Roll out and place into greased bread pans and cover with tea towel.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place loaf pans onto warming stove top with oven below and allow 2nd rise 30 minutes until bread loaves double in size.
- Place bread pans in oven and bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and when tapped you hear a hallow sound.
- Allow to cool on cooling rack completely.
- Slice and ENJOY!