I created this banana cream cake recipe to be a quick ‘for one’ breakfast or dessert recipe. If you’re following the Trim Healthy Mama plan like me, then this is a delicious E recipe! If you’ve never heard of THM, then come check out my Trim Healthy Mama book review.
I get to eat ALL sorts of delicious food, from cheesy omelets with bacon, to delicious banana cake for breakfast. I’ve lost 50 pounds using this easy, healthy plan! Let’s get baking…To make this recipe, you’ll need: oat flour -choose a gluten free option, and grind it in your grain mill to get a gorgeous fine flour. If you’re not gf, and you want a shortcut, look for whole grain oat fufu at a local Asian or International market. You’ll also use an egg white, a banana, 0% Greek yogurt, baking soda, sweetener of your choice, a pinch of salt, and some vanilla.
But don’t use a pretty yellow banana. Use a really ugly black looking banana like this one. A really great cook once told me that the trick to awesome banana bread and baked goods is using really, really ugly bananas. I’m talking fermented, even. The sweetness is fully developed, and they’re far more flavorful than store-ripe bananas.
Blend all of your dry ingredients into a mug or a small dish. Then you’re going to add 2 tablespoons of ripe banana, the yogurt, vanilla, and an egg white. If you like a stronger banana flavor, you may add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of banana extract.
Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 350*, or in the microwave for about 90 seconds.
- 3 T. oat flour-use gluten free and grind in your blender or grain mill.
- 2 tsp. Truvia, or erythritol + 2-3 shakes stevia extract, or xylitol
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 T. plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 2 T. very ripe banana
- ½ t. vanilla extract
- ¼-1/2 t. banana extract (optional)
- 1 T. egg white
- Place all dry ingredients into a ramekin or mug.
- Add yogurt, banana, extracts, and egg whites.
- Mix really well with a fork, being sure to stir well in the bottom edge of mug or ramekin.
- Bake at 350* for 10-15 minutes, or microwave for 1½ minutes.
- Allow to cool. Sprinkle top with cinnamon/erythritol (or Truvia, or xylitol) mix if desired. Garnish with a couple of slices of banana and some Redi-whip.
Learn more about the super delicious and effective Trim Healthy Mama plan at Gwens-Nest.com