I love cookies or bars with oatmeal in them. Add some peanut butter and chocolate and I simply can’t resist. These bars are one of my all time favorite recipes to mix up for a quick dessert or an afternoon snack.
Besides being delicious these bars are surprisingly simple the mix up. You start with a few basic ingredients peanut butter, sugar, egg, oatmeal, whole wheat flour, etc. mix them up. Press the dough into a 9×13 pan. Bake and Enjoy! I love that these bars take only about 30 minutes from start to finish. That’s my kind of dessert simple, quick and delicious.
If you’re a fan of oatmeal, chocolate, peanut butter or just plain delicious desserts give these bars a try. You won’t be disappointed. 🙂
- ½ Cup Butter
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Large Egg
- ¾ Cup WW Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¾ Cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt, set aside
- In a large bowl beat together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy
- Add peanut butter and vanilla beat to blend well
- Beat in eggs
- Add dry ingredients, mix well
- Add oats, mix well
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Press dough evenly into your prepared 9x13 pan
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-22 minutes or until the top turns a light golden brown.
- Cool and Enjoy!