I noticed that WonderMill has a Pinterest pin board for WonderFlour recipes so I decided to give WonderFlour a try for one of my Grain Mill Wagon challenges. What is WonderFlour? WonderFlour is a whole grain all-purpose flour created by Chef Brad of chefbrad.com, Chef Brad is commonly called “Americas Grain Man”.
1 cup spelt + 1 cup pearled barley + 1 cup brown rice = WonderFlour Grain Mix
To make WonderFlour combine 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup pearled barley, and 1 cup spelt wheat in a bowl. Stir the grains together with your hands or spoon and grind in your WonderMill on the pastry setting. Wallah! You have WonderFlour.
I have used WonderFlour a few times now. WonderFlour can be a bit of an adjustment for some recipes but it always seems to work great in pancakes. I was working on a peach spelt flour pancake recipe but I changed my focus to making it with WonderFlour instead. I have been working on this recipe for quite a while now and I finally got it to where I don’t feel like I want to change it anymore, so here it is.
- 1⅔ cups *WonderFlour
- 1 Tablespoon Molases
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 Tablespoons Powdered Buttermilk
- 1½ teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 16 ounce Can of Peaches (blended in the blender)
- Pre-heat your electric griddle to 375 degrees.
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Pour canned peaches, juice and all, into a blender and blend well.
- Whisk all wet ingredients together in a separate mixing bowl.
- Combine the dry mix to the wet ingredients and whisk till it is just combined.
- Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to scoop and pour your pancakes onto the hot lightly oiled griddle.
- Cook about 2 minutes per side.
I like to top these pancakes with sliced peaches, maple syrup, and whip cream.