Pizza has always been a favorite weekend food in our house. I am sure it is in many households!
For years, I have had a recipe that I have sworn on. It makes enough dough for 2 pizzas and that is just right for my family.
Since we are eating more healthy this year, I thought I would subsitute some of the white flour with wheat flour that I had ground using my Wonder Mill!
I think I have found a new favorite! I know the crust was more healthy for all of us, and it still had a light taste to it.
We sauted a few veggies that were in the refrigerator, added some cheese and ended up with a perfect pizza!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 Tablespoonos oil
- Mix yeast and water in a small bowl.
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes, until it begins to bubble
- Add flours, salt and oil in a large bowl.
- Add yeast mixture.
- Mix well.
- Place mixture on well floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a well oiled bowl and cover. Let it sit for about an hour or until doubled.
- Split dough in half and roll out to the size and thickness you want.
- Let the dough sit for about 30 minutes.
- Top with ingreadients of choice.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 20 to 30 minutes. Cook time will vary depending on amount of ingredients.