If you are looking for a great gluten free pancake mix that doesn’t contain a lot of complicated flours, then this is the recipe for you my friends!
The secret to this recipe is freshly milled oats and rice. Together, these flours will rival any wheat pancake in texture and flavor. I never realized what a difference freshly milling your grains makes, but believe me, it makes a big difference! I got the inspiration for this recipe from here.
Oh and this recipe is really flexible. I have made it with only one egg and have changed the proportions of the flour without much change in the final taste. I hope you try it!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 TB peanut butter or other nut butter
- 2 TB honey
- 1½ cups plain or Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- Mix together rice flour, oat flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, stir together yogurt, egg, honey, and peanut butter.
- Incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons at a time on a greased skillet.
- Cook over medium to medium-low heat, flipping when bubbles appear on the surface.