My daughter received a fun little Christmas gift from Santa to make mini cupcakes, muffins, brownies and so much more. I decided we would try out a new recipe using the Babycakes cupcake marker and the Grain Mill.
- 1 cup pinto bean flour
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (I use only 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso granules dissolved in 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar.
- Add milk, oil, egg, dissolved espresso granules, and vanilla; stir just to combine. Do not over stir. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Preheat Muffin maker. Spoon 1-1 1/2 tablespoon of batter in each muffin tin.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes. Use a toothpick to check if the muffins are baked through. The toothpick will come out clean when ready.