This is one of our favorite pancakes. When I was little, I couldn’t wait long enough for the syrup of jam to make its way around the table and would eat my first one plain. They’re that good. Beings we don’t need these to raise, I recommend using soft white wheat berries for your flour.
This recipe is featured from the book, Pioneering Today-Faith and Home the Old Fashioned Way.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 and ½ cups oats
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup soft white wheat flour (or all purpose)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 and ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pour milk over oats and let stand 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, oil, and remaining ingredients.
- Fry in hot oil in a cast iron skillet.