Our 9 month old Beagle pup loves treats but I wanted to make her something from scratch so I have been scouring the net for months to find a recipe or bits and pieces to make up my own.
This recipe uses Rice flour that I made using the grain mill. You will need a small cookie cutter approximately 1-1 1/2 inches. It can be a bone shape or any other shape you would like. I have a small heart on hand and that is what we used. They were just the perfect size for our medium sized dog. If you have a large breed you may want to use bigger.
Super Easy Dog Biscuits
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 6 Tbsp smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp of Molasses
- 1/2 Cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In large mixing bowl mix together the flours, oats and baking powder.
- Add peanut butter, milk and molasses, mix well.
- Form mixture in a ball and roll out between two pieces of parchment paper to 1/4 inch thickness (thicker for bigger dogs if you would like but then your baking time is increased).
- Cut out treats and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes (this will also depend on your oven and thickness of treats)
- Cool on rack and store in air tight container. You can keep them in freezer or fridge.
- We made close to 65 treats but it will depend on size of cutter and thickness.