When I was a teacher, the secretary at the school I worked for once made the most delicately delicious cookies. I asked for the recipe and the next day I was given a small piece of paper with a printed recipe for Old Fashioned Sour Cream Cookies. I don’t know where the recipe came from or how old it is, but this is my real food, gluten-free adaptation of the recipe. It is sweetened with coconut sugar and uses freshly ground oat and rice flours. But let’s stop talking, shall we?
Hungry yet? I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
- ¼ cup butter or coconut oil (I did half butter, half coconut oil)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cream together butter (or coconut oil), vanilla, egg, sour cream, and coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well incorporated.
- Drop by the tablespoon-full onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.