And, as my daughter calls it, “nana toast” is a huge hit with the kids. Making a loaf for playdates or get togethers gives us an easy go-to dish that’ll please a crowd.
This chocolate-chip banana nut bread is healthy, hearty, and filled with sweet goodness. You can omit the agave if you’d rather just enjoy the sweetness from the bananas and chocolate chips.
- 3 cups oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup or honey
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil and eggs.
- Mix the flour mixture into the oil and eggs with a spatula and stir until blended.
- Add in the mashed banana, vanilla, cinnamon and agave. Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.