I have one kid who hates potatoes. Refuses all form of potato except french fries. I have another kid who LOVES potatoes. So, in an effort to make them both happy, I made mashed cauliflower and mashed potatoes. I saved a bit back in case the mixture was unsuccessful, but after that, I mixed it all up, added some cheeses and breadcrumbs and threw it all in a muffin tin. These potato “cupcakes” are absolutely fantastic. I made 2 cauliflower only “cupcakes,” but the potato hater ended up eating a few of the potato variety, too! Super win!
Cauliflower Potato Cupcakes
- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, baked
- 12 ounces cauliflower, cooked
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- half and half or cream as needed for mashing/creaminess
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- breadcrumbs (I made homemade with the ends of a loaf of white wheat bread; recipe found here: Peanut Butter Breakfast Sandwiches)
Preheat oven to 400.
Mash potatoes and cauliflower with cream cheese, butter and cream. Stir in cheese and garlic powder. Top with breadcrumbs and more cheese.
Using an ice cream scoop, scoop mixture into muffin tins, filling about 18 wells. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.
Yield: 18 “cupcakes”